Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where to start on a Home Inventory Checklist... Day 1



Now that I’ve decluttered most of the house, today I’m working to create a Home Inventory Checklist!!! Its part of my overall challenge for January and it’s at a good point of the challenge to begin this goal.
I found a few sites that offer checklists. Some are really really detailed, while others offer a more general guideline. I’ve decided to do both. Today I’m going to do the simpler checklist…sort of the basics, Living room; family room/Den/Office; Dining room; Kitchen/ Laundry room; and Other’s/ Miscellanies. Check out this link to get you started. Here is the 1st spreadsheet I’ll be using.

Tomorrow, I’ll get down to the nitty gritty and really get specific as to what we have. I’ll included serial numbers, manuals, receipts and maybe photos. Of course I may not have all this and will just have to list the item on the checklist. Either way I’m looking forward to completing this task and hope it’s not as overwhelming as it looks!! Here is the big mother of all checklist… oh and one more I really like. I may have to make it individual to my household...but it doesn’t leave much out ;) Good luck to anyone else doing this and I hope this post helps you.
I have a binder as well where I keep most of the manuals and receipts of household purchases in and I think that will be a good starting point for the BIG list.


A few more links...
HomeInventoryChecklist
realsimple.com
Home-Inventory-Checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment