Monday, January 2, 2012

January's Challenge 2012


Ahhhhhhh 2012, is here… out with the old and in with the new! 2011, is one of those years I would like to put behind me, while I was very productive, some of my personal affairs can use a fresh start.
I have lots of goals to work on this year, but before I jump in and tackle those… I plan to declutter. I follow the blog Scrappers Challenge and they are participating in the 52 Weeks to an Organized Home.  I love this idea and plan to follow along, but in my own way. I’m already pretty organized so going through stuff just to say I did it isn’t going to work for me. Instead I plan to take the proposal …and go through each room in my home, and around the house like the car, yard, and shed.
Here are my thoughts for January 2012 day by day:
Sunday, January 1st, clean car, go through each console and organize CD’s, books on tape and papers. Detail inside.
Monday, January 2nd: Finish car…wash outside, get storage containers for kid’s toys and snacks.
Tuesday, January 3rd: Clean out pantry and go through cabinets in the kitchen, clean out both refrigerator and freezer
Wednesday, January 4th: Wipe down kitchen cabinets and baseboards in kitchen and dining room. Wash curtains in dining room.
Thursday, January 5th: Look into Planning Meals for the week. (I’ve always wanted to do this but never really took the time)
Friday, January 6th: Put a basket or bowl for incoming mail on kitchen counter
Saturday, January 7th: Put toys away in Playroom (I already cleaned out this room and took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill just after Christmas. I’m going to try really hard to go up there with the kids at least once a week to make sure things are in order)
Sunday, January 8th: Relax ;)))
Monday, January 9th: Clean out Living room… go through old DVD’s and clean computer desk area.
Tuesday, January 10th: Clean out Dresser in Living room
Wednesday, January 11th: Master Bathroom, Clean out all cabinets and drawers (medicine cabinet). Get rid of old towels, go through make-up.
Thursday, January 12th: Master Bedroom closets
Friday, January 13th: Master bedroom dressers and clean baseboards. Wash curtains, go through jewelry.
Saturday, January 14th: Relax
Sunday, January 15th: Relax
Monday, January 16th: Clean kid’s room, go through dressers and stuffed animals.
Tuesday, January 17th: Personal home inventory
Wednesday, January 18th: Personal home inventory cont.
Thursday, January 19th: Start working on a billing system and bill pay on-line

Friday, January 20th: Start Recycling again… make a new space for recycling

Saturday, January 21st: Relax
Sunday, January 22nd: Relax
Monday, January 23rd: Go through books and CD’s
Tuesday, January 24th: Pets
Wednesday, January 25th: Filling system and manuals and warranties
Thursday, January 26th: Relax
Friday, January 27th: Magazines
Saturday, January 28th: Yard
Sunday, January 29th: Relax
Monday, January 30th: Photos and photo books
Tuesday, January 31st: Photos and photo books cont.
Hope this helps anyone else like me, who doesn’t need a whole lot of time organizing, as much as a basic guide to work on specific items each day.
My challenge for January is pretty much just tying up loose ends from 2011 and getting things organized for 2012. Last I plan on working with the folks at Scraperschanllenge and rid myself of at least five things from each room, like towels, CD’s and DVD’s, and other clutter hoping to make my life a little less stressful J Happy New Year everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment