Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Halfway point........

So far so good on my monthly organizing challenge… I have a few things I’ve let slip and didn’t complete according to my schedule, but overall I’m pleased with my results. The first thing I’ve noticed it that we just have too much stuff. While cleaning the kitchen I was able to purge lots of plates, coffee mugs and drinking glasses. In the laundry room I cleaned out old wash rags and linens.
In the dining room and living room I went through all the DVD’s and VHS tapes, and tossed all the VHS tapes and exchanged nearly half of the DVD’s. We really don't watch them anyway.
Last, I went through the Master Bath and really hit it hard, tossing any and everything we didn’t use in last year. I also got a shoe organizer and put it with my shower curtain to house the kid’s bath toys and toiletries. I love this idea!!!
I still have most of our clothes to go through, and I hope to tackle some of that tonight. I guess all in all I’ve come to realize that less really is more. Having so much stuff around, I felt like I was cleaning all the time or picking up after the kids. Now that I’ve moved things from Mr. Ryder’s range (he's 16 months...so you can only image his into everything!!!) and tossed so much… I’m picking-up a lot less. I’ve also noticed the reason I’m overwhelmed with laundry is because we have too many clothes! I’ve decided to just have one “family” laundry bin, and when it's full, it gets washed and put away the SAME DAY!!! I had a laundry basket in each room and even my husband and I had separate bins…well not anymore, just one! Hopefully this works and of course I’ll let you know how we fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment