Tuesday, June 14, 2011

50 Questions that will free your mind...part of my 101 things to do in 1001 days





1.How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

Well if I didn’t know how old I was, I wouldn’t know how old I would want to be, because I wouldn’t know any different between the ages…but seeing that I know how old I am, I think I would like to be 30, old enough to know better and young enough to still have fun.

2.Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Easy… Never trying

3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

I guess that depends, I think I do many of the things I like… any many of the things I don’t like to do help me to do the things I like to do…like work. Overall we are human and I think it’s our nature to fall and find ourselves doing things we wish we didn’t do or that we say we don’t like to do…the important thing is to learn from those mistakes and move forward, enjoying the things we like to do...

4.When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Yeah I talk a lot and I like to journal…but I hope by journaling I will see the things I want to do and have a good balance between both saying more and doing more.

5.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

I would end all violence

6.If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

There are lots of things that make me happy, so I couldn’t pin point one type of work. I guess I would start with art, working as an artist maybe. I would also like to work with children in some type of crime prevention capacity and incorporate art. I suppose I really would love to work with children and involve art, however it may be.

7.Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I am settling so that I can do the things I want to… and/ or believe in.

8.If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I don’t believe I would have lived any differently, other than I would do some things different if I knew then what I know now (but who wouldn’t) I still try to live life to the fullest each day because tomorrow is never guaranteed… Maybe I would try to be healthier, and I would have traveled more when it was just me with no husband and kids and I would have waited to get married and spent more time finding me.

9.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

I have learned to forgive

10.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

A bit of both…of course I want to do things right and if I do things right then I will in turn do the right things, right? Post by another blogger and I can’t agree more “I’d rather do the right things poorly than do the wrong things well.”

11.You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?

This has acutely happened to me, not this specific situation, but where a friend has talked about another friend of mine not knowing that I was good friends with that person. I just told them I didn’t agree with how they felt and their views of that person. I then went on to say the things I like about said friend, after I was done the conversation moved on and everyone knew they were pretty much barking up the wrong tree.

12.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway." — Mother Teresa
….. And your only young once, don’t try and grow up too fast; you’ll regret it when you’re older if you don’t

13.Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Depends on what I’m saving them from and what law I would be breaking… but most likely, yes

14.Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?

Dailey many many times…some of the most creative people are a bit insane

15.What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

I think I see things from all perspectives

16.How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?

I think many of the things that make me happy make other’s happy as well, but overall we are all different, it’s not about them but my own happiness

17.What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?

Sky dive, I tell myself it’s money, kids and work but I guess you can do anything you really want to if you put your mind to it…so I suppose I need to start working on that one..I know I’m scared but not scared enough to never do it.

18.Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

Yes, and one day I will let go… I know I will.

19.If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

Of course this will change as I change, but today if I had to move to a different state or country…I would move to some place like Rhode Island…Low crime, family oriented and the weather is favorable. (Well that’s what I hear anyway ;))

20.Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

No not normally, and no I don’t think it makes the elevator faster

21.Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

Well I wouldn’t want to be dumb but I wouldn’t want to be worried all the time either… so this is a tough one for me… If I had to choose I would be a joyful simpleton, that way maybe I would still be able to learn if given the chance.

22.Why are you, you?

Many reason’s; my childhood most certainly made me who I am today… but I also believe everyone is given the ability to transform, regardless of the past. We are independent of our own destiny and it’s our own choice on how we decide to let other’s or situation determine our future. Therefore I’m me the person I’m because I choose to be the way I’ am and not because of anyone else…even though I don’t always fell this way. I have to remind myself: I allow people to treat me the way they do so if I’m unhappy about that, it’s for me to change not them.

23.Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

Most of the time, I feel like I make a point to work at my relationships with my friends and I try not to take that relationship for granted. I’ve come realize that for me I need people in my life that I can trust with different things, someone I can go to who will listen to me…and many times those friends help me refocus, which I think everyone needs from time to time.

24.Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

I would say losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you. If a good friend moved away, I would be sad that a move would change our friendship, but it would also be exciting and a chance for us to “make” time to get together verse just getting together from time to time. We could have girls weekends or just knowing if I wanted to travel somewhere I would have a good friend that I could call. With technology the way it is, it would be very easy to stay connected with my friend who moved. If I lost touch with a good friend who lives right near me, I would assume it would have been for a bad reason.

25.What are you most grateful for?

My children and my faith

26.Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

As much as this is not my way of thinking considering how much I like to document by either journaling, scrapbooking and video recording, I would much rather lose all of them then to not be able to make new memories

27.Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?

Yes I believe it is, but I think it important for people to inquiry and to confront “their” truth’s everyday… I believe it makes you strong in many diverse ways.

28.Has your greatest fear ever come true?

Nope, and I hope it never ever does!!!

29.Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?

Okay 5 years ago would have been 2006 right??? I’m not telling what upset me but I would say YES it does still matter and it’s also helped me become the person I’ am today.

30.What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?

My happiest childhood memories are of Christmas’s with my family, my childhood was a bit of a rollercoaster and I remember Christmas just being a great time of year with family and friends and not a care in the world.

31.At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

2008

32.If not now, then when?

Soon I hope, but I still believe that all good things come to those who wait.

33.If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?

Nothing really, huh???

34.Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?

Luckily I have many times

35.Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?

It’s not religion that cause wars, but the people of those religions. The old saying guns don’t kill people, people kill people. We need to change people first and the rest will fall into place. Of course we are human and of this world…so until this world changes or we are no longer of this world we will never be free from war regardless of the reasons we are fighting.

36.Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?

Yeah I like to believe so… I know not everything is always black and white, but deep down people just know right from wrong, in my opinion.

37.If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

Without hesitation!!!

38.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?

I’m a busy bee, so that’s easy for me - more work I actually enjoy doing

39.Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?

No, I try to look at each day as a new day.

40.When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?

It’s been awhile, I may have to look into that!

41.If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?

I would have a party and invite everyone I could, but I would spend most of my time with my children

42.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

Nope!

43.What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Being alive is that...just going through the motions and not enjoying the journey…. Truly living life is taking advantage of the time you have and getting most out of it, it’s up to each person to decide what “truly living” means to them

44.When it is time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?

I believe you should for the most part consider the risks and rewards of your actions before just jumping in. However sometimes you do just have to jump-in without considering things when it’s right, so that you will just do it already and let the cookies fall where they may. Maybe someone will just throw me in so I don’t have to jump???? ;)

45.If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

I’m not necessarily afraid to make mistakes as much as I want to be able to do it right the first time. Everything has a learning curve, so I don’t think it’s so much about making mistakes as it is doing your best and learning to improve who you are. We learn from mistakes but we also learn for other things as well, so if I could do it right and learn something without making mistakes I would…really who wouldn’t right?

46.What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

I would not worry about body image

47.When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?

When I last worked out and just now after reading this question

48.What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?

I love many things, but I deeply love my children. My actions for the most are an expressions of my love.

49.In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?

Maybe not the details but I’ll have a good idea of what was going on in my life.

50.Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?

Both!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment