Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 6 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for the day/ A favorite memory



It took me a bit to figure out who I would switch places with for a day….. for day 6 of my photo challenge….while going through photo albums I found some great picture’s of my grandmother. I was only 12 years old when she had her stroke...I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was at a friend’s house down the street when my brother came and got me. He said I needed to come home; grandma is sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. I remember at 12 years old not really understanding the impact of everything that was going but I knew it wasn’t good. After the stroke my grandmother suffered many years and later in life she became diagnosed with Alzheimer’s as well as dealing with the effects from her multiple strokes through-out the years.
I remember my grandmother as one of the nicest and sweetest person I know, someone who also stood up for me and was like a mother to me. She was really one of the only female role models in my young life and those years I believe had a huge influence on the person I am today. If I could go back in time I would trade places with her so she could have a day free from her medical problems and enjoy being the person I remember as I child.

No comments:

Post a Comment